Gogo® Text & Talk
Gogo Text & Talk is an exclusive new service that lets you use your own smartphone to call and text in the air, just like you do on the ground.
The best part is that because it uses your own number, there’s no need for two-step dialing routines, call forwarding protocols or pre-programmed extensions. If you’re flying and someone dials your number – it rings. Same with texting – it just works. Your address book and caller ID? It all works too, just like it does on the ground.
Patent-pending technology allows Gogo Text & Talk to work through a Gogo Biz® connection with Wi-Fi—without the need for expensive and heavy picocell technology.
Gogo Text & Talk is 100% software based, so if you already have Gogo Biz voice service aboard your aircraft, no additional hardware is required. To enjoy Gogo Text & Talk, just take these three simple steps:
- Activate the Gogo Text & Talk service at the aircraft level, by purchasing a software key.
- Drop the Gogo Text & Talk app on your smartphone and perform a one-time registration.
- Climb aboard, activate Airplane Mode, connect to Wi-Fi, then launch the app and enjoy.
- Your own phone, your own number
- Very easy to use – looks like your phone, works like your phone
- Available with any Gogo Biz system by purchasing a dealer-installed software key
- Download the Gogo Text & Talk user guide for iPhone or Android.
- Available with Gogo Biz voice service. (Coming soon for Swiftbroadband service.)
- Works with most major ground wireless carriers including AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile.
- Works on iPhone 4 and newer devices (with recent iOS releases) as well as select Android devices, version 4.1 (Jelly Bean) and newer.