Gogo® Text & Talk
The best part is that because it uses your own number, there’s no need for two-step dialing routines, call forwarding protocols or pre-programmed extensions. If you’re flying and someone dials your number – it rings. Same with texting – it just works. Your address book and caller ID? It all works too, just like it does on the ground.
Patent-pending technology allows Gogo Text & Talk to work through a Gogo Biz® connection with Wi-Fi—without the need for expensive and heavy picocell technology.
Gogo Text & Talk is 100% software based, so if you already have Gogo Biz voice service aboard your aircraft, no additional hardware is required. To enjoy Gogo Text & Talk, just take these three simple steps:
- Activate the Gogo Text & Talk service at the aircraft level, by purchasing a software key.
- Drop the Gogo Text & Talk app on your smartphone and perform a one-time registration.
- Climb aboard, activate Airplane Mode, connect to Wi-Fi, then launch the app and enjoy.
- Your own phone, your own number
- Very easy to use – looks like your phone, works like your phone
- Available with any Gogo Biz system by purchasing a dealer-installed software key
- Download the Gogo Text & Talk user guide for iPhone or Android.
- Available with Gogo Biz voice service. (Coming soon for Swiftbroadband service.)
- Works with most major ground wireless carriers including AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile.
- Works on iPhone 4 and newer devices (with recent iOS releases) as well as select Android devices, version 4.1 (Jelly Bean) and newer.